Think before you Speak: Communicating Online
Just as there are etiquette rules for talking on the telephone, or having a workplace conversation, there are etiquette rules for communicating online.
- Students should only use first names.
- Do not include your personal information, or anyone else's personal information (no phone numbers, addresses, full names, etc).
- Proofread your comment for spelling and grammatical errors.
- Use appropriate language for school.
- Be thoughtful in your comments. It's good to encourage debate, but respect alternative perspectives.
- If you wouldn't say it in class, in front of your peers and teacher, don't say it online.
- If you see something online that makes you uncomfortable, bring it to your teachers' attention right away.
- Remember: comments deemed inappropriate or off-topic will be deleted.
*These blog manners were adapted from "the Unquiet Librarians Blog"*